Monday, September 24, 2012

A new Ballad, in Broadside, sweeps Southeastern Mass.

Romney's Lament; or,
 The People's Reply

 A Ballad printed in Broadside, at Corn-hill, in Boston

To the tune of "The Outlandish Knight" (Child #4)


 "Come, Mittens, Come Romney,
  Come tell the Countrey,
  Tell us what your Plans might be;
   Will you be the People's President --
   Or for percentage fifty and three?"

   "Come farmer, come yeoman,
     Come listen to me:
     I'll tell you what my plans might be;
     Just as soon as you vote for me
     I'll tell you what my plans will be!"

     "Come Mittens, Come Romney,
        This ne'er will do;
       You must tell us oh! truthfully:
        Will you be the People's President --
         Or for percentage fifty and three?"

       "Come Young Men, come Women,
         Come  listen to me:
         I'll save you from Obamacare;
         Tho' I did start this very same thing,
          I'll use it the Slow Folks to scare!"

        "Come Mittens, Come Romney,
          Come tell the Countrey:
          Tell us what your plan might be:
          Are you for Orphans and Widows and Dogs,
          Or for merely the Fifty and Three?"

         "O People, Good People,
            Why do you ask me?
           Why ask you such foolish things?
           Am I not most like a KING you have met,
           From among the Fifty and Three?"

         "O Mittens, O Romney,
          Come down from that throne;
          We'll answer your questions three:
           You do act so Kingly to Us,
           That We Shall Not Vote for Thee!"

           "You do act so Kingly to Us,
            THAT WE SHALL NOT VOTE FOR THEE!"


       
   

No comments:

Post a Comment